The days when all you had to think about when vetting web hosting and software companies in Uganda are disk storage space and bandwidth allocation are long gone. Nowadays, you need a multi-prong approach to your selection to ensure a comprehensive evaluation and analysis of all the pros and cons of the service provider you are eyeing, versus the current and future requirements of your website. There are many different factors that you should consider when searching for the right hosting and software development companies in Uganda.
Here are 5 major elements to look into:
- Site functionality – Your choice of the host should depend on the type of web functions you intend to provide users. When shopping for a web host, choose a company that has the right resources to support the specific applications, scripts, and software that you intend to use for your website, as these will determine your site’s functionality, the range of features, content, etc.
- Site performance – Choose software companies in Uganda that can provide you with ample bandwidth allocation. Website performance largely depends on the availability and speed of connection of your web host. Not enough bandwidth and your web pages will suffer from slow loading times and inaccessibility, especially when more users are trying to access your pages at once.
- Server type – There are several types of web servers available today, ranging from shared hosting services to virtual private networks, and dedicated servers. Each of these server options has its own pros and cons and is suitable for specific types of websites. Take time to examine your own website’s needs and choose the appropriate server type for effective operation.
- Site security – Choose a service provider that offers secure hosting solutions and ensures constant updates and upgrades not only on their technologies but their security system. This will help keep you and your users safe from attacks and common security vulnerabilities online.
- Server reliability – Finally, choose web hosting and software development companies in Uganda that offers reliable support and round the clock helpdesk for troubleshooting critical website issues.